Sunday, September 28, 2008

Singing in Cleveland


Today was Adoration's first time out singing this school year. We went to Cleveland, MN to sing at the Church of Christ there.
Emily picked me up at 6:10 this morning and drove to the school. Because I am the Music Directors assistant, I had to make sure that we had the keys to the van and its trailer and I also had to unlock the closet where we keep our sound equipment. I know, tough responsibilities. =D

The van pulled out from Crossroads at about 6:30. Traveling with us 11 Adoration members was our director, Brian Dunbar, his 15 year old son (whom we convinced to come, since he's fun), and Crossroads' president, Mike Kilgallin.

During the 2 hour drive, we sang songs, told stories, and talked about the order of the service and who was giving testimonies. They asked me to talk a little bit about the PSEO program and about Crossroads as a whole. So, I did, and I think that I only said "um" 5 times in my talk.

President Kilgallin preached an excellent sermon on being a champion from Galations 6:7-10. His points (just to prove that I was listening) were 1} We can't deceive God; b} We should reap what we want to sow; and III] We should not lose heart in doing good. My favorite quote through the sermon was a quote from Winston Churchill: "Never, never, never, never, never, never, never give up."

My only disappointments of the day were that my great aunt Sandy was not in Church the one day that I was there, and that my dad's cousin Pam left before I could say 'hi.'

6 comments:

Carrie said...

I just about had a heart attack! I'm so proud of you for updating!

Betsy said...

I'm still lovin' your new haircut.

Betsy said...

And I agree that three-plus months is a little long in between posts...

Polly Blanshan said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I need to remember that journaling and writing are just as important to my peace and concentration as sleep and friends are.
I need you ladies to see my hair the way I've been twisting it each morning to tell me if it's cute or just ragtopish. You might be able to see it a little bit in the pictures from our Adoration trip on facebook.

Minkydo said...

Wow! A post from Polly. Great :) Glad you had a good first time out this year with Adoration.

Ang said...

Sounds like fun. ROAD TRIP!!